Pages

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

It's all coming back to me now...

It has been almost five years since I have lived in Europe and let me tell you, it hasn't changed much. I just forgot all the small details about living here. For those of you how have never been or have been and might have forgotten like I had, let me share some of the good, and not so good, of living here:
  • A/C doesn't exist. Seriously, its maybe on trains if you're lucky or buses, and sometimes in stores if they are really big and new.
  • you have to bring your own bag to the store, or else you are paying for one- even the plastic ones
  • you have to bag your own groceries
  • everything is tile, especially the floors (I miss my carpet...even a rug would be nice)
  • the cars are so little and parking on the side walk... totally kosher
  • FASHION!!! The way they dress here is slightly ridiculous, they are so trendy here, especially the youth
  • window shopping has a completely different meaning
  • and on the note of fashion, I see more combinations of black and brown together than I ever have in the states. Anything goes together, its great!
  • no peanut butter :(
  • being tall is some times even more of a curse in Europe than America- shoes and clothes are even harder to find (and traveling on a plane is never comfortable when you are tall)
  • there are a lot of smokers...a LOT!
  • the house keys are funny looking, but cool of course
  • every alley way is a perfect picture opportunity
Life is grand! And I'll share pictures soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment